All Saints Catholic Academy
Parent Director Application
I am writing to inform you that we have a vacancy for a parent director on the All Saints Catholic Collegiate Board.
Academy directors play a key role in the leadership of the multi-academy by working collaboratively with other directors, principal directors and academy committees in order to ensure that every academy provides a broad and balanced curriculum which is firmly rooted in Gospel values.
We are keen to recruit someone with some leadership experience, preferably at strategic level. The role can be very rewarding and will provide you with an opportunity to meet new people, develop and transfer skills. Induction, training and support are available from a serving director and mentor, and through training by the Local Authority.
Directors work as a team and, as such, the amount of time that each of them can give to the role will vary. Some people will be able and willing to give a lot throughout their time as a director. Others will find that the amount of time they can give increases or reduces during that period.
Nominees will must be willing to devote their time and commitment in preparing for meetings; there can be a lot of papers to read
- The Board of Directors meets at least once a term, but you will be required to serve on at least one committee. How often this meets will vary, but it is usual for most committees to meet each term
- Full Board of Directors meetings will usually be during the evening but committee meetings may be during the day, which can be arranged for the beginning or end of the day to suit the committee members.
- You need to prepare for, and attend, meetings if you are to be able to help the school effectively
In order to be eligible to stand for election you must have:
- parental responsibility for a child /children on the roll of one of the schools in the multi academy company.
- be nominated and seconded by at least two other parents of other children at school. Neither the proposer nor seconder should be your spouse or related to each other.
Every parent is entitled to apply to become a parent director. If more than one nomination is received the Directors will hold a ballot with every parent having eligibility to vote.
The usual term of office is four years from the date of appointment. Parent-directors can complete their term of office even if their child leaves the school.
If, as a parent, you are interested in becoming a parent director nomination forms can be down loaded from the All Saints Catholic Collegiate website: https://allsscc.org.uk/
Completed nomination forms to be returned to the school office by: Friday 6th July 2018
On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to thank you for your continued support of our Academy
We look forward to your response.
Chair of Directors
All Saints Catholic Collegiate