What is included in the course?
Students will learn from 7 different topic areas:
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Movement Analysis
- Physical Training
- Use of Data
- Sports Psychology
- Socio-cultural Influences
- Health Fitness and Well-being.
Students will also take part in a range of practical activities and their best three activities will be used as part of their final mark. One activity must be from an individual sport, one from a team sport and the other from either an individual or a team sport. Students will also complete an analysis and evaluation of one of their three sports being assessed.
How will I be assessed?
- • Assessed in 3 separate areas
- 2 exam papers (60% of GCSE)
- 1 Non-examined assessment. ( 40% of GCSE)
- Both exrun papers 1 hour and 15 minutes each
- Both worth 78 marks each
- Each exam worth 30% of final mark
- Paper 1 The Human Body and Movement in Physical Activity and Paper 2 Socio-cultural Influences and Wellbeing in Physical Activity and Sport
- Non-examined assessment (NEA): Practical performance in Physical Activity and Sport
- Students will be assessed in three different activities and complete an analysis and evaluation of performance in one of those activities.
What grades are available?
This course is worth a full GCSE with a grade from 1-9. Grade 9 being the top grade.
AQA GCSE (9-1) PE. Hodder Education.
This course will prepare students for A’ level Physical Education and a career in the sports industry.
Who should I contact for 1nore information?